--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Irmeli, your question is right on the money.  Hitler
> was schooled in Le Bon's 1895 The Crowd: A Study of
> the Popular Mind.  It is still a good source for how
> social engineering is done.  Young Dove recently
> posted an excellent "rant" on how easy it is to sway
> the masses.  It is the result of "education" or,
> rather, "programming," and brainwashing that you see
> in the Muslim world today.   You can also see it in
> American fundamentalists and in the American black
> community.

I think it goes far deeper than that. I remember even MMY said that
people get the kind of leaders they deserve.
I perceive the reason of the Muslim world being stuck in many places
to medieval times, is due to the structure of their religion.
In it there are ultimate beliefs that are not easy to go beyond,
transcend to a higher level.
One is the command that women have to be always fully submissive to
their husband, father etc.
Another is that the government of a state can never been separated
from Islam. Islam is the state.
Third is that these commands are the eternal truth, and cannot never
be criticized. By doing so you are going to eternal hell. But if you
have made some transgressions, becoming a martyr guarantees
your place in heaven.
Islam is a religion based on fear. This fear keeps its followers on
the level of shame/honour communication. This is bound to create
violence and retaliation.

Irmeli