I haven't found g guru I'd trust with my mind/money/life.
Maharishi's "Wisdom" seemed to me circuitous and self serving. What
he did was take a lot of money and tell a lot of lies. Whatever good
there is or has come from the TM movement (hasn't really been a
movement for a while now) they TMers would do well to say goodbye to
the guru and acknowledge his imperfections.

I have often wished there wasn't such insistance on MMY's divinity. I
like meditation, spiritual developement and fellowship but I can't
cope with the idea of being associated with so much intentional
dishonesty. And yet some of my favorite people anywhere are in the
domes everyday. I'm rather divided.
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Ed" <the_edvark@> wrote:
> >
> >    Many other cultures have discovered that one get get a
> > cosmic 'funny feelin' from abstaining from sex. Thoreau mentioned
> > that he found that the goodness of God flowed thru him more
> strongly
> > went he was 'contintent' and left him at times when he was
morally
> > loose. There's something to be said for devoting time to
> abstainance
> > as a sacrifice and as way gesture to God/Brahman/Universal Soul
> > whatever. That energy subliminates into other channels and can be
> > utlilized for other endeavors. But the dogma of sin and shame
that
> > controls so many devout seekers east and west seems pointless.
Not
> > everything mentioned in the Veds or the Bible or the Norse Eddas
> for
> > that matter are entirely relevant to our modern existance. I have
> > never quite understood how the TM movement would've made a World
> > Peace effort based on Vedic Knowledge.........The most definitive
> > characteristic of the Vedic Age which ended in the 6th century
A.D.
> > was constant warfare......Maharishi, like the Protestant leaders
of
> > the west, don't linger to long over any such historic
> > incongruencies. --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
bob_brigante