> On Mar 21, 2008, at 1:20 AM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > And THESE are the remarks that have promopted the response
> > everyone has made?
> >
> > Get real.
>
> And the same people who fixate on Wright (or, more to the
> point, on Obama for belonging to his church) are sometimes
> the very same ones who blithely dismiss Hillary's politically-
> calculated vote for war which has resulted in the deaths of
> tens of thousands, as well as her general support for the
> Republican agenda, which has bankrupted the country.
>
> And yet Obama's the one they claim should drop out.  Sheesh.

I'm not sure if you're including me in the above, Sal,
but just for the heck of it:

*Some* of us progressives have no problem on a personal
level with Obama's association with Wright and his church.
In fact, some of us don't have any problem with Wright
himself (except for his wackier conspiracy theories, such
as that AIDS was a U.S. government plot to commit genocide
on blacks).

Moreover, the association with Wright in and of itself
wouldn't stop us from supporting Obama in the primary
and the general election.

So what do you imagine our objection to it is about?

(BTW, I don't think any progressive "blithely dismisses"
Hillary's vote for the AUMF, including those who are
supporting her. On the other hand, the notion that she
generally supports the Republican agenda is just off
the wall.)