Buttsplicer, this is fuccing brilliant--in my opinion,
a phrase they add tirelessly to any statement of such
in China and with mantra-like efficiency--speaking of
techniques that work.

Now, to my mind, there is freedom of choice, if you're
willing to grant the mathematical and logical
certainty of re-incarnation, while also rejecting the
silly notion of past lives or future lives.  All life
is now.  And in that now-moment (using Eckhart's term)
there is freedom of choice.

Even when reaping lousy karma there is escape.  When
Christ said, "Turn the other cheek," he didn't mean
"Ask the son-of-a-bitch to lay you flat again."  He
meant something like "Turn THAT cheek towards life
that invites what you want instead, now that it's
abundantly clear what you don't want."

Think of it this way: any life casts a net (moment by
moment) into infinity and draws in a catch.  If you
don't like it, cast your net again.

It is possible even now.  Hell, in Dante's sense (a
very great master, that Dante) is an eternal state,
but that doesn't mean you have to take out eternal
squatter's rights.  The state is there as a form of
Divine mercy (Absolute Compassion), as Blake
recognized, to give a "limit of opacity" and a "limit
of contraction" to the individual soul so it doesn't
wander forever in that direction.  You bang your head
against a wall until you realize, this is a wall, this
is not a path.  In other words, until you turn the
other cheek.

To a being truly in Brahman that means that alternate
universes are yours to realize moment by moment.  a