--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Stu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The concept of free will in a metaphysical
> sense is unprovable. The question of determinism versus
> free will turns on circular logic.

Exactly.

<snip>
> As for the polemic on atheism - I reject the notion of atheism
> altogether.  This twisted expression is the fantasy of
> religious thinkers and dreamers.  There is no such thing as
> atheism.

You might want to make that argument to those who
vigorously asssert they are atheists.

  However by
> making such a label delusional religious people can attach
> their own projections on certain philosophers and thinkers.

Stu, did you *read* what was in the post? The writer
is addressing people *who call themselves atheists*.

And he doesn't appear to be a religionist himself,
so both parts of your formula fall apart.

The interesting part of that piece to me was his
point that free will, at least in Western countries,
is a notion that originated with religion. Western
secularists (including some on this very forum)
tend to tout free will as if it were antithetical
to faith, when in fact it is the very *basis* of
faith.