--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Donovan is still around? Oh my god! I had no idea. I didnt know he
> was a meditator either. I loved Brother Sun Sister Moon.
>
> There don't seem to be as many celebrities endorsing TM anymore like
> they did in the "old" days. Doug Henning was the resident celebrity
> when I was in FAirfield. Plus visits from Mike Love, Stephen
> Collins, etc.

David Lynch, Heather Graham, Donovan, the fomer President of Mozambique (a
sidha who
got his entire cabinet and military staff doing TM), and quite a few others.
Recall that
there's no need for celebrity endorsements to the public if you've jacked the
price to the
point that only celebrities can learn it.

> You think raising the price to meditate was inspired?

Definitely. MMY knew he only had a few years left and had to put his house in
order after
Deepak's departure dragged 100's of TM teachers with him. By raising the price
he not
only made TM more attractive to the Bohemian Grove types, he ensured that his
successor
would have only the most fanatically loyal core of TM teachers and
administration to deal
with. By charging $1 million for membership in the Raja's CLub, he ensured that
only
people who were REALLY fanatical and (theoretically) competent enough to be
able to raise
$1 million in the first place  would be in charge of his organization after he
was gone.

Do you think
> the movement needed those big donations?

Absolutely.

 > For what?

http://www.mum.edu/campus/student_center.html

for example.

Also:

http://www.maharishi.org.ua/india2006/

 I would rather
> see people learning to meditate.

MMY's goal has always been the spipritual regeneration of all of Mankind. To do
that, you
need (according to his theory) 1% of the word meditating as individuals, or
about
650,000,000 TMers, OR 8000 TM-Sidhas practicing in one place at all times

Even using the best results from the Mev Griffon days, where 35,000 people a
month were
learning, you'd need to teach TM for 2000 years at that rate to get that many
people
meditating and most of them would be dead or stopped practicing by the time you
were
done.

ON the other hand, with just a handful of relatively rich donors, you can
create quite a few
places where 8000 TM-Sidhas can gather every day indefinitely within a few
years time.

The Settle Foundation is willing to fund 1500 people doing TM-SIdhis and yagyas
at
MUM/Vedic City, for example.

 There are no TM centers anymore, so
> the local meditators really have no sense of community, and no one
> is learning to meditate either.

Tucson, AZ has an active TM center, for heaves' sake. There's a pilot David
Lynch project
here with 160 kids in a charter school.

 We bought some land locally for a
> Peace Palace a few years ago, but there is no money to build
> anything on it.

So, if you can't raise the money to build and operate it locally, why should
the national
TMO do it for you? If Tucson can fund a local TM presence, most places can. Of
course,
most TM teachers aren't as competent (in my eyes) as Denise Densiston-Gerace
and
Joseph Gerace, but that's nothing to do with the national level TMO or its
policies --just
luck of the draw of who is willing to live where.

 So nothing is happening. Another TM project dead in
> the water. Where did all that big money go to?

See the URLs above.

Lawson