> On Jun 9, 2005, at 11:24 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > Intention is intention is intention is...
> >
> > The fact that you don't see this speaks volumes, IMHO.
>
> Of course I see it, but I see it as disfunction, you probably
imagine
> this as 'purity of the tradition' or something similar. IMO this
is
> typical of conditioned thinking or the semantical programming of
the
> TMO: 'we're unique, we're effortless, etc.' It's mincing onions in
> desperate attempt to defend a positionless postion. The give away
is
> when people read vaguely different definitions into ordinary words
or
> phrases. Attempting to change the intention of the word "work" is
> typical.

C'mon Vaj, in my case interpreting the word "work" in your post as
meaning effort was simply because that was the way I read it. No
intent to twist or massage meaning there. You posted a correction to
clarify the meaning of your statement and then I understood what
your original intent was. End of story, or maybe it's more like the
same story.

You are a smart guy and I understand the frustration smart people
feel when their unpopular yet intellectually and factually sound
reasoning is disagreed with on a level that indicates it was never
really understood in the first place. But we are hanging out in the
peanut gallery here and provocative statements are going to generate
defensive replies.

People or groups displaying arrogant behaviour are sooner or later
going to get nailed and that is the beauty of these forums. Anyone
can step forward regardless of stature or demeanor and speak the
truth or at least their idea of the truth and possibly expose myths.
It's great, but when someone walks in and starts telling people that
their sincere practice of many years is pretty much bullshit and
will never really lead them anywhere other than a nice fuzzy feeling
in their head, well it's just not very attractive.

Rick Carlstrom

> Diagnosis: Judy Stein Syndrome (JSS). Don't worry, it is curable.
Stop