--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I use the term "dharma" to refer to a way of being
> > > within the context of a particular state of
> > > consciousness. Waking state is a particular way of
> > > being that entails personal responsibility among
> > many
> > > other things. CC is a particular way of being that
> > is
> > > quite different in many ways from waking state. To
> > > take an understanding of action from waking state
> > and
> > > then to try to comprehend an understanding of
> > action
> > > in CC will just create massive confusion. Of
> > course
> > > people do this all the time as a rationalization
> > for
> > > wrong action in waking state. They'll say such
> > > nonsense as, "I didn't do it, the three gunas
> > did."
> >
> > And this is different from, "I didn't do it,
> > enlight-
> > enment/eternity/natural law did," as spoken by
> > someone
> > claiming enlightenment exactly how?  :-)
> >
> > Unc
>
> If somebody claims enlightenment and then justifies or
> defends his behavior by claiming that it is the three
> gunas doing it ,is, in my book, quite entrenched in
> ignorance. It is the justification or defense that
> makes the difference here. Someone who is truly
> enlightened can not defend their behavior nor claim
> ownership of it. Its like the weather. It just
> happens. But this understanding can not be used from
> the perspective of waking state because it is not what
> is even remotely experienced .

But the weather doesn't just happen, it only seems that way because
we can't see over the horizon. If we could, we would realize that
nothing just happens. My feeling is that enlightenment is the
process of realization that one is not a separate individual but
that one is God, that all is God. The realization that one is not
the personallity, not the ego, not the body saying I am Rick, is
really God disentangling itself from the illusion of individuality.
But it seems like kind of a state of Limbo where the sense of being
an individual has thankfully vanished but then responsibility for
action has been handed off to a mystery something. Isn't that
mystery something God? Thou art That. Wouldn't more integration be a
greater indentification as God.

Rather than hear people say I don't exist anymore and things just
happen, how about "I feel more like God than me" and everything that
happens is God. It's a personal universe.

Rick Carlstrom

Rick Carlstrom