You may be right in saying that Louis et al. were
there first blacks to have been seen by Fairfielders,
and you are definitely right about the popularity that
blacks might have enjoyed at the high school.  My
African American grandson was the only black student
at the high school when he was there, and he had to
fight off the girls.  He was also the star athlete.

Unfortunately, his popularity worried some white moms
enough to ruin his career as an athlete, and the
criminal justice system in town went right along with
them.

As for the comment about the 9+ inches, that's a
pretty telling remark, the big smile notwithstanding.
Reminds me of one of my profs in grad school at the U
of I who asked me at a party with regard to my black
husband, "Wasn't one of us good enough for you?"

Are you jealous, Cardemaister?