On Apr 18, 2008, at 4:00 PM, sparaig wrote:

> Just as TM mantras are assigned no *intellectual* meaning, once they
> are learned,
> they shouldn't be assigned some external representation either, and
> for much
> the same reason: such superficial representations may serve to
> disrupt the process
> of letting the mantra wander within.

Next time I sneak in to visit friends on Purusha, I'll remind them
that they should remove the pictures of their TM mantra devatas they
all had in their puja spaces.

No, of course I wouldn't do that, because I know they were probably
instructed by Maharishi to do so. And also because I understand why
it's helpful in their integration of mantra, shakti and consciousness.
You sound like someone who's afraid to experiment when you talk like
that!