Clinton supporter invited Wright

                        Obama's campaign has disavowed Wright's media tour, and
a correspondent notes an interesting detail:
Wright was invited to the National Press Club by a journalist and minister who
supports Clinton.
The Tribune reports that Wright was invited by Barbara Reynolds, a former USA
Today editorial board member who has written on personal blog of her support
for Clinton.
I don't mean to suggest some kind of plot. Her agenda here seems to
have been the same as Wright's: To protect the minister's reputation
from, among others, Obama.
"[I]t is a sad testimony that to protect his credentials as aunifier above the
fray the Senator is fueling the mediacharacterization that Rev. Dr. Wright is
some retiring old uncle in thechurch basement instead of respecting Wright for
the towering astutefather of progressive social and global causes that he is,"
Reynolds wrote in March.
Reynolds' is well placed to defend Wright. Her bio says she teaches
"prophetic ministry and the media" at Howard University's divinity
school.

Be a better friend, newshound, and