> On May 4, 2008, at 9:59 AM, off_world_beings wrote:
>
> > > Duveyoung, I was jes' pulling yer plonker, yankin' yer chain,
> > > pushin' yer buttons, because when you name all TM'rs as totally
> > > stupid, and the Anti-TM crowd as superior to them, as
> > > you did in that first post I responded to, then you are not
> > > being rude, you are exhibiting
> > > only fascistic tendencies
> >
> > From off_world in  a post yesterday:
> >
> > Anyways, the rest of your pathetic lecture is not worth more than
> > a speed-reading and delete, because you know that the embarrassingly
> > dense anti-TM crowd are the ones that believed it the longest
> > Mostly because the anti-TM'rs are so desperate for fodder for
> > their gossip-starved pea-brains that they hook on anything with
> > their slimy talons hoping for some dry rotting carrion to chew on.
>
> Is there something about Sundays that seems to bring
> out the nutcases on this forum?

Actually, according to at least one spiritual
teacher I've worked with, there IS something
about Sundays that brings out the worst in
most Americans.

His theory was that Americans are so uncomfort-
able with their selves that they try to fill
almost every minute of time with "doing some-
thing." One of the best ways of blotting out
one's inability to be comfortable just kicking
back and doing nothing and enjoying the moment
is to stay busy and "entertained" as much of
the time as is humanly possible.

This is easy for most people during the work
week; they just focus on work all day, and then
in the evenings they self-medicate and put their
sense of dis-ease on the back burner by watching
TV and, in a surprising number of households,
drinking themselves to sleep. Then on Saturdays,
they wake up hung over and feel the void that hits
them when they are "not-doing," and to make it go
away, "do" errands.

But Sundays. Sundays are the bitch. You can't
make the dis-ease go away by running errands (or
you didn't used to be able to...the number of
large stores now open on Sundays supports his
theory IMO), so the sense of dis-ease builds. And
a lot of people deal with it -- or, in actuality,
"not-deal" with it, by surfing the Net and giving
their own dis-ease a good therapeutic enema by
flaming as many other people as possible.

It has *long* been noticed -- and not just by this
particular spiritual teacher -- that Internet
forums are most flame-filled in the U.S. on Sundays.
It's as if there is this immense psychic dis-ease
that hits the country on a Sunday, and persists
until dawn breaks on Monday morning and millions
can -- thank God! -- go back to work.

It's fascinating to see that this syndrome is NOT
as present in Europe, at least in Spain and France.
These folks know how to *handle* their time off.
They get *happier* during their time off. Go
figure...