> It's just that you can't really settle the
> pragmatic issues if solipsism is theoretically
> possible.

I'm not sure it was ever intended to be used as an actual possibility
though.  It is more like talking with a physicist about the math used.
 The math isn't an end in itself in the context of physics.  Solipsism
was never championed by anyone as an explanation for our life.  It is
more like the end of a slippery slope in a certain direction of thinking.