> "Eustress can be defined as a pleasant or
> curative stress."

Come on Richard.  You are destroying the integrity of the word
"stress" as well as the word "Eustress."  Name one way that the
practice of TM can be considered stress.

Me playing guitar at a show for hours is an example of "Eustress."  It
is effort and stress on me, but it makes me feel great.  In contrast
taking a nap also makes me feel great, but it is not eustress just
because it makes me feel good.

  You can start with these definitions or provide a source of your own:

1.Importance or significance attached to a thing; emphasis: to lay
stress upon good manners.

2.Phonetics. emphasis in the form of prominent relative loudness of a
syllable or a word as a result of special effort in utterance.
3.Prosody. accent or emphasis on syllables in a metrical pattern; beat.

4.emphasis in melody, rhythm, etc.; beat.

5.the physical pressure, pull, or other force exerted on one thing by
another; strain.

6.Mechanics.
a.the action on a body of any system of balanced forces whereby strain
or deformation results.
b.the amount of stress, usually measured in pounds per square inch or
in pascals.
c.a load, force, or system of forces producing a strain.
d.the internal resistance or reaction of an elastic body to the
external forces applied to it.
e.the ratio of force to area.

7.Physiology. a specific response by the body to a stimulus, as fear
or pain, that disturbs or interferes with the normal physiological
equilibrium of an organism.

8.physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension: Worry over his job
and his wife's health put him under a great stress.

9.a situation, occurrence, or factor causing this: The stress of being
trapped in the elevator gave him a pounding headache.

10.Archaic. strong or straining exertion.
–verb (used with object)

11.to lay stress on; emphasize.

12.Phonetics. to pronounce (a syllable or a word) with prominent
loudness: Stress the first syllable of "runner." Stress the second
word in "put up with." Compare accent (def. 18).

13.to subject to stress or strain.

14.Mechanics. to subject to stress.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"