<snip> So, a few followup questions:

> 1. What do you perceive the value of enlight-
> enment to BE if it makes you perceive this badly
> and (by your own standards) incorrectly?

>From my perspective, everything is fine, until it isn't. Its just
that there is this story "out there" that enlightened people do not
make mistakes, and (here's the kicker) they are not perceived as
making mistakes by the unenlightened. That's the BS. That's the
story. As explained earlier, anything an enlightened person does
isn't perceived as a mistake *to themselves*, but to others, maybe
it is seen as a mistake.

> 2. Should anyone pay ANY attention to the enlight-
> ened when they claim that there are "no mistakes?"
> (It seems to me that you yourself have just said
> that this perception is incorrect, and yet you
> keep saying it.)

I am not sure I understand this-- as everyone is always free to
decide what they do and don't pay attention to. I am certainly not
going to render a judgment on what anyone may or may not do.

> 3. If the enlightened can be *this* wrong about
> the issue of "Are the words and actions of the
> enlightened perfect and free from mistakes,"
> and *admit* it, why should anyone pay any
> attention to what they say about anything else?

It is purely a personal choice-- if someone desires enlightenment,
then they might be interested in what an enlightened person says and
does. If not, they might not be. Its all pretty simple really.