--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> It seems that many in the Hillary camp are not willing to
> accept her defeat [including herself] - even though it's
> clearly obvious. It's like they're in an alternate world.

"Clinton told her advisers that one reason she was committed to
staying in was out of loyalty to [her] supporters, and her
belief that they could be rallied to Obama more easily if she
was allowed to finish the campaign on her own terms."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/article/2008/06/04/AR2008060404312.html

tinyurl.com/4f9baj

> Also, the statements that Hillary wants to 'negotiate' for
> VP are totally inappropriate in my view. Obama won the
> nomination. He holds all the cards and the earned right to
> make a choice for VP. To suggest otherwise as if HC has
> some kind of entitlement to the position, or that Obama
> 'need's' her as a running-mate to win, is insulting. It's
> *totally* Obama's call. From all I've seen I personally
> don't think he'll want Hillary on the ticket.

Ultimately, of course, it's his call. But no,
he certainly doesn't hold all the cards. More
than 18 million people voted for her, half of
the Democratic primary voters, and that gives
her a very nice hand in this round of play.

The idea that Obama doesn't have to take her
supporters into consideration is unbelievably
foolish, not to mention arrogant. There's no
way he can possibly win without them.

Whether the way to get them is for him to run
with her as VP is another question entirely. In
my view, he should offer it to her as a gesture
of respect, and she should turn it down.

(Interestingly, in the most recent polling, a
majority of Democrats think she should run as
his VP.)

She'll do, however, whatever she thinks is
best for the party.