> On Jun 7, 2008, at 11:26 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > Aside from her unquestionably deep commitment to getting
> > Democrats elected, especially to the White House
>
> Yep, that's why she claimed that only she and McCain had
> "crossed the threshold" to be president, knowing full well
> at the time she was likely to lose the nom.

Not what she said, actually. She said that anybody who
wants to be president must show that they "can cross
the commander in chief threshold," referring
specifically to that aspect of the presidency.

She knew she *might* lose the nomination but was
determined not to, obviously. She was making a case that
she was more electable than Obama vs. McCain, given
Obama's lack of experience.

In other words: nominate me, and you'll have a
Democratic president, because I can beat McCain.
Nominate Obama, and you won't, because he can't.

Why is that so difficult for you to grasp, Sal?

> And that was after McCain had both miserably slurred
> her own daughter, and laughed when someone referred
> to her, Hillary, as a bitch.

One of her greatest strengths is her almost
superhuman ability not to let slights and slurs
throw her off track.

  Must be nice living in an alternate
> reality, Judy.

Yeah, see, I'd suggest it's you who's living in an
alternate reality. How you can see anything she has
done or said as in any way contrary to the the
commitment to getting a Democrat elected is quite
unfathomable.