--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Vogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks for the insight into the security "nablusoss1008".
>
> I wonder if anyone knows what the purpose of the high-tech music
recording
> studio on the top floor of the hotel was, or what became of it?
>
> I also saw a number of people working at computer workstations
designing
> what seemed to be cities inside plastic bubbles. What was that
about?

I can't speak to the high-tech music recording studio but I know
about the cities inside plastic bubbles.

What you were looking at were the lost cities of Krypton, salvaged
from an explosion of that planet about 70 Earth years ago.  7 or 8 of
their major cities were preserved by shrinking them down to the size
that you saw.  Had you looked -- or, indeed, had you the PERMISSION
to look -- you would have been able to see with a microscope that
these are thriving, bustling cities with the people of Krypton going
about their daily business with nary a care in the world.

When one of the leaders of that planet, Jor-El, was planning these
cities-in-plastic-bubbles in anticipation of the destruction of
Krypton, he entrusted to Maharishi's master, Guru Dev, the care,
feeding, and maintenance of all the cities and people therein
contained. Upon Guru Dev's death, this trust succeeded to Maharishi.
I can only guess but upon Maharishi's death, the trusteeship has
probably passed to King Tony.

What I'm surprised about is the talk in the movement since
Maharishi's passing of opening up to the public visits to the plastic
bubbles.  It's been discussed ad infinitum on this forum by Judy and
Barry so it is not necessary for me to repeat all the details...use
the search engine feature on this forum to follow their never-ending
debate on this matter...use the keywords "bubbles barry judy lost
cities" and that should get you right there. I say I'm surprised
because the bubbles have heretofore never, ever, been considered
anything but a sacred duty.  Commercial exploitation was never a
consideration.

Now, please don't ask me if "opening up to the public" means that
paying customers will just tour around the facilities where the
bubbles are kept or whether in fact it means shrinking each visitor
down to the size of the bubble inhabitants, bringing them down INTO
the bubbles, and, of course, returning them safely to their proper
size and regular life here on Earth after the tour is up.
On which side of the controversy do I fall?  Well, I personally don't
see a conflict...as long as the people of Krypton democratically and
freely decide that the TMO can use them in the commercial manner
described above, who are we to say that it shouldn't be done?

I am curious, though, why this is happening ONLY since Maharishi's
death.  But I could be wrong on that account.  Perhaps the technology
for the shrinking machine was only perfected conincidentally to
Maharishi's passing.

Now I have a question for YOU, Peter Vogel: should the bubble theme
park become a reality, would you shell out money to visit?

Would you allow yourself to be shrunken (and, of course, made big
again)?  Do you think the TMO has such a good track record in
organisational skills that you would entrust all the molecules in
your body to them with a new, as-of-yet untried technology?