Some responses below:

akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> CC is "baby" awakening. Cessation of identification of
consciousness with mind. End of "I" and "me".

Ut oh Peter, now you have done it! You called CC "baby awakening". Tom
is going to go totally ballistic! I quoted you sometime back as CC
being "baby steps" and Tom lambsted me up and down for 3-4 posts as to
why there was nothing "baby" about it. But with Sat Yuga and all,
maybe things are mellower. You yourself are even making what you
previous called "huge epistimological mistakes!" and laughing it away.

That's your karma with Tom, not me! I call it "baby" because it is the first step in Consciousness awakening to itself. No more localization of consciousness. The localization produces the "I". There are still some pretty pernicious mental habits that the mind engages in (ala Suzanne Segal). Primarily it continues to seek a feeling of a limited self but nothing can be found.

On a more serious note, do you singularly define CC as "Cessation of
identification of consciousness with mind. End of 'I' and 'me'"? Do
you feel "No I" is both nexcessary and sufficient to label the
experience "CC"?

The concepts that MMY uses to talk about CC are very effective in understanding the "experience" that has been present since that fine Spring day walking out of the dome. I don't think it is useful to label experiences like this as "being in" CC/GC/UC, etc.. But the concepts of these various states of consciousness are effective in deepening the understanding.

Without relying on dogmatic kneejerks, it does seems
there are additional "attributes" along with or beyond the experience
of "No I".

Infinite flavors as it were.

Though as you know I am no fan or labeling any experience or person
with such labels, it seems that if one does enjoy that exercise, they
may be jumping the gun a bit to "ring the bell of Eureka" of CC simple
when experience "no I". But as people often remind me that I know
nothing, I tend to agree.

We don't know anything at all! A state of wonder when the mind stops and doesn't know.

Though as Tom has claimed there are 58 million flavors of awakening at
the Awakening /IceCream store. I just wonder if plain vanilla is
really the same as triple jamaca almond machadamion nut ghee-fudge
blueberry mocha mintchip chavanaprash cherry saffron swirl with gold
leaf topping?

It's all ice cream!

-Peter