Richard J. Williams wrote:
> Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> A good thing you never became a teacher as you
>> would totally confuse a beginner with instructions
>> like that.
>>

> So, you're confused - I thought so. But I am a
> teacher, and what I posted was just basic Adwaita
> Vedanta or the Direct Path Teachings.

And which TTC was that?
> First, you've got to get over the notion that you
> are an individual soul-monad. Then you can begin
> to dispel the illusion that you are a 'mind' and
> that your perceptions are real.
>
> You are not a mind and a body - you are eternal
> Spirit, One, without-a-second. Everything else is
> just an appearance only - dreams, illusions, and
> the horns-of-a-hare. All concepts of 'mind' and
> matter will be found to be illusory.
>
> There is no 'mind' and no 'thinker' - there's only
> the Transcendental Person, a witness to the Pure
> Consciousness. Thoughts are just the play of the
> gunas, the forces of nature. Mind is nothing more
> than a bundle of energy, constituents, no more real
> than a sky-flower.
>
> There's only One Pure Consciousness, not a multitude
> of minds with thoughts and souls.
You can also say that there is no you and only just God so it is God
thinking the mantra.  You is just an illusion and God is everything.
But I believe the discussion here was about the terms you would use to
explain meditation to a bigger not debate among pundits.  In that case
the use of the term "mind" is fine.