> ruthsimplicity wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> >> That might only be true if pitta is high already.  In some cases it
> >> could be balancing.  The ayurvedic doctor I had in the 1990's who
> >>
> > was an
> >
> >> MD said he found even his pitta dominant people would start to
become
> >> anemic if they stayed off animal protein too long.  Ayurveda has
to be
> >> adjusted for westerners who don't live in a tropical environment
from
> >> whence it came.
> >>
> >> And then there are those who DO think the big push for vegan diets
> >>
> > is to
> >
> >> create a populace that is too weak to fight oppression.
Something to
> >> think about.
> >>

> > Or, they became anemic because they were not getting enough iron in
> > their diet.  They didn't eat their spinach and beans and drink their
> > prune juice.
> I don't think he was speaking of iron anemia.  I've been into
> biochemical individuality for years even before I studied ayurveda.
  It
> would be nice if we could all be vegetarians but many of don't have the
> genetics for it as our ancestors were meat eaters.   You can call it
the
> curse of our ancestors. :)  I've just seen too many cases of wannabe
> vegetarians who picked themselves off the floor by adding animal
protein
> back into the diet.

Well, then it could have been pernicious anemia which is a vitamin
B-12 deficiency. But B-12 shots will be necessary. Or it could be
folic acid deficiency anemia, but this is resolved by taking folic
acid supplements. But most likely, if it really was anemia, it was due
to an iron deficiency.

None of the anemias will require eating meat.

Not that I think that meat is bad in moderation.  We are omnivores
after all.