new.morning wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> ruthsimplicity wrote:
>>
>>> Well, then it could have been pernicious anemia which is a vitamin
>>> B-12 deficiency. But B-12 shots will be necessary.
>>>

> Or sublingual B12. Which btw, shows promise in reducing alzhimers's
> plaque.

I don't think that just taking B12 is going to balance someone's doshas.

> And vegetarians vegan often bulk out on high carbs. Which leads to all
> sorts of bad stuff. I think personal antecdotes are fine, but hardly
> establishes if meat is necessary or not. A study, controlling for
> B-12, carbs, etc across many veggies needs to be done to establish it.
Some of those exist too.  Some of my information comes from ayurvedic
workshops as well as my interest in metabolic typing which I've also
done and know many others.  Both fields have research on the subject.
And you're right many vegetarians bulk out on carbs, in fact most don't
know how to eat right.  Some think they can "eat Indian" and get sick
that way.  There are light vegetarian regimes and heavy vegetarian
regimes and of course in-between.  Those have carb-protein-fat ratios
that are different.

The reason I brought up Cousens who is a pro-vegan practitioner is his
questionnaires especially for the oxidation types are geared for people
who have been trying to eat right over the years.  Some of the oxidation
research was done by Dr. George Watson at USC and he published a couple
books on it.  We're just all different and I don't have much regard for
philosophical vegetarianism which can not only have a devastating effect
on the mind as well as the body just as much as someone eat burgers and
fries every day can have problems.