--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks to almost all of you for being here to teach me bunches!
> > >
> > > Anyone think that a 10 yard hop claim isn't a levitation claim?
> > >
> > > Oh well.  I can't seem to stay here on the terms I had set for
myself,
> > > with no interaction with a certain poster, so I am outtahere.
> > >
> > > A special thanks to Curtis who is both funny and perceptive, to
> > > Jim/Sandiego for answering every question I ever asked,
> >
> > Levitation is developed through roughly 3 steps. Ruth; 10 yard
hops is
> > not levitation, it's just the second phase; jumping like frogs. Third
> > is when the real fun starts; staying in the air, moving at will ! :-)
> > This has already started happening and will soon be seen by the
general
> > public.
> >
> > And yes, I also miss Jim.
> >

> According to Bhoja's commentary the stages are, *if* I'm
> not mistaken (have not seen a translation, so these
> are based solely on my own take of the original Sanskrit):
>
> - walking on water
> - walking on a spider's web (uurNa-naabha[1]-tantu-jaalena)
> - ?walking on the rays of the Sun (aaditya-rashmibhiH)
> - going through the air as one wishes (yatheSTam aakaashena)
>
> [1] wool-navel(ed)? = spider

FWIW, the whole comment seems to go like this:

kaayaH paañca-bhautikaM shariiraM tasyaakaashenaavaakaasha-
daayakena yaH saMbandhas tatra saMyamaM vidhaaya laghuni
tuulaaudau samaapattiM tanmayiilakSaNaaM ca vidhaaya
praaptaatilaghu-bhaavo yogii prathamaM yathaaruci jale saMcaran
krameNorNa-naabha-tantu-jaalena saMcaramaaNa aaditya-rashmibhish
ca viharan yatheSTam aakaashena gacchati.

(pada-paaTha = word-reading, i.e, without sandhi:

kaayaH paañca-bhautikam; shariiram; tasya+aakaashena+avakaasha-
daayakena yaH saMbandhas tatra saMyamam; vidhaaya laghuni
tuulaaudau samaapattim; tan-mayii-lakSaNaaM ca vidhaaya
praapta+atilaghu-bhaavaH; yogii prathamam; yathaa-ruci jale saMcaran
krameNa+uurNa-naabha-tantu-jaalena saMcaramaaNaH; aaditya-rashmibhiH;
ca viharan yathaa+iSTam aakaashena gacchati.)

One "interesting" detail above is that 'jale' (on? water) is
the *locative* singular form from 'jalam' (water), but 'jaalena' is
the *instrumental* singular from 'jaalam (cob-web), so perhaps
it should rather be translated to 'with the help of...', or
something like that. Same with 'aaditya-rashmibhiH' which
is the *instrumental plural* from 'rashmi' (ray).