Any Sci-Fi fans seen this? A friend recommends it:

Do you get showtime 3, channel 539 on direct TV? If you do, I highly recommend you tivo "Immortal". It's on next saturday.

Here's a summary from a blog:

Immortel (Ad Vitam) (original French title) is a CGI and live action film, directed by Enki Bilal from his own comics.

It's 2095 in New York a huge company controls the city that deals in synthetic human parts (hense the CGI characters). Meanwhile a pyramid full of Egyptian gods hangs in the sky, Horus who has been sentenced to death, leaves to procreate. A Blue alien girl, Jill is the subject of much fansicnation of a doctor who puts her through a series of test. She has no memory and doesn't know where she came from. Jill is also the focus of Horus' procreation attempts (because one of her many talentes is the abiltiy to mate with gods) while using and inhabiting the body of a recently unfrozen criminal (Nikopol) who he released from hibernation....the way you do.

I found it quite visual stunning and atmospheric. The story's quite good, surreal would be a good description. Bibal is part of a group of comic artist's who didn't believe you had to explain things. But the film storyline is much more cohesive than the orginal comics. Adapted from bits of his Nikopol trilogy with some elements of his more recent Hatzfeld Trilogy.

The CGI characters jar at first, but although not as fully rended as we are used to from USA they had alot more presence and quirkiness than their american counterparts.
 Overall the melancholic style and French flair shine through.

It has shades of 5th Element, with the Egyptian thing.. But since the original comics were made in the 1970's perhaps it's the other way around. I was reminded of Moebius' comics all the way through. I wasn't surprised to learn Bilal was heavily influenced by him early on in his career.

Also, SHO3 is repeating "American Drug War," a good documentary on the phony drug war in this country.