They may have indeed been built prior to our written history in MY opinion.
Been there 11  or 14 times on some day trips & weekly trips. Also  for my
friend Erick {(Von Daonican) spelling is in error here }& toooooo  lazy to look
it
up 4 us here now, & some of his books a poor scholar  & NOT willing to
correct his errors. He is of Swiss origion & has  several books out etc. I feel
that
according to some cuniform tablets  they  were used by the watchers  alians
as a space port, several Russian writers  concut or speculate such as well
Emanuel (Verishosfisky) spelling agan.  They are some 27 or 8 miles up hill
from
the quarry cite & there is a  cap stone 1/2 way to the temple cite  there as
well & there were  temples there before the present Roman temple.

In a message dated 7/25/2008 8:57:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In  FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Largest stone blocks in the world, perfectly fitted in wall -- not
>  > Roman as claimed?
> >
> > This ia interesting:
>  > http://www.vejprty.com/baalbek.htm
> >
> >  OffWorld
> >

> Heavens! That seems to be about 20X  larger than the Stonehenge blocks?

I don't know how much  bigger, but much bigger yes - incredible eh.
The temple is claimed to have  been built by the Romans (although the
Romans did not record this great  feat of engineering, and the
foundation blocks are way more eroded than  the Roman building, and it
looks like the Romans built on top of it. The  Romans could not move
blocks like that around when they tried in Egypt.  They are also as
tightly fitted as the ancient Inca and Peruvian walls -  but much bigger
blocks.

OffWorld