There is the old adage: a judge is held to a higher standard when he
breaks the law than a regular citizen.

I am not 100% vegetarian.  I eat red meat occasionally.  Maybe about
once every two months.

But if I subscribe to Guru Dev's discourse on the holiness of cows (see
below), am I sinning more with my occasional eating of red meat than,
say, the Joe-Six-Pack guy on the street who is ignorant of the holiness
of cows and eats a Big Mac every day?

चोरसी देवताžà¤"वाली
गाय
chorasii devataa{}ovaalii gaaya - The Cow with 84 Deities
Ravi Varma Press, c1912

* According to Skanda Purana every part of the cow houses a deity,
According to the illustration above, Brahma is in her back, Vishnu in
her throat, Rudra (i.e. Shiva) is established on her face, Sun and Moon
are in her eyes, Yama and Indra on the tips of the horns, the Ashvins in
her nostrils, Lakshmi and Ganga behind her tail, etc etc.

(from www.PaulMason.com <http://www.PaulMason.com>  )