--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Raja of India Harris Kaplan on Guru Purnima ..... watch - listen -
and learn the extant that
> revenues in the TMO will continue to be shipped to India. This is
sobering, and unless the
> policies change dramatically, bodes ill for the TM movement in
outside of India, as nearly all
> assets and future fund-raising will be sent to finance TM India's
enormous infrastructure and
> pandit maintenance plans.   What are they thinking ?  Westerners
would have to have  severe
> guilt to accomodate the  on-going  abusive confiscatory attitude
that will apparently
> continue to drain financial resources in the West for the benefit
of India.

> http://streaming.mou.org/MOU/Chat/19_jul_08.wmv

The video link you provide, mainstream, is about 2 hours long.  I got
to the 15-minute mark and it was a real bore-fest.  But I think I got
the gist of it.

And, yes, we're talking billions upon billions of U.S. dollars to
build what is projected here...and the key to understanding the
enormity of it was when Kaplan quoted Maharishi saying something to
the effect: nature doesn't like anything on a small scale (boy, I
wish I made note of the time on the video he said that so I could
quote it verbatim...what a doozy!).

I mean, there is supposed to be about a dozen of these enormous
pundit farms where they live, eat, and chant...each one looks like a
Mormon version of Disneyland with austere-looking building and
manicured landscapes, etc.

And, of course, this was all Maharishi plans...and while Kaplan was
showing his slides of the architect's projections of these things, I
couldn't help thinking that if and when these places get built it
will only be because Maharishi died right after coming up with it.
Had he lived, say, another 2 or 3 years he would, of course, have
gone on to something else and all of this project would have been
completely forgotten and abandoned, just as 99% of all his projects
never came to fruition.

It's as if Maharishi was playing Monopoly and at the time he died he
had just landed on Marvin Gardens...so it is Marvin Gardens that gets
built.  Had he landed on Park Place just before he died, Kaplan would
be devoting the rest of his life to building Park Place.