On Jul 30, 2008, at 9:47 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

Bob Wynne, believe me he takes it seriously.

That's my impression too.  How do these guys put on this
charade, and then go out and lead ordinary lives?  How do
they deal with the disconnect?  I truly don't understand...it's
like celebrating Halloween every day of the year.

I was thinking about that too Sal. Not the Rajas with their obvious "crazy homeless guy in the park" outfit,

Bingo.  Another keeper.

but the rest of them.  A
bunch of ordinary aging boomers who believe that they have cultivated
or are cultivating a special, miraculous state of mind.  With the
Laura Ashely granny dresses

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.  A couple
of those outfits I kind of like, but not in the hot sun.

Same thing for the white shawls...if they want to protect them
selves, seems like  a few drops of sunscreen would do the job
a lot more comfortably.  But maybe that's not Vedic.

they could be Mennonites or Jehovah
Witnesses, living in a bubble of belief of their specialness due to their beliefs.

Their kids look beautiful and vibrant and sure of themselves like kids
everywhere, like us just a few decades ago.

Their kids (or maybe grandchildren) do look adorable.

And their parents are
facing the ravages of aging, some well, due to smart diet and exercise
or just good genes, and some...not so much.  Just like boomers
everywhere with a bit of hippie still alive, many women don't dye their hair.

And good for them, really.  I'm still enough of a narcissist to
dye mine regularly.

The folkies around here look like that at concerts.  Some
of the folkie guys go for the Grizzley Adams look too.

And I really don't begrudge them their beliefs and gotta high five
them on their Mayberry lifestyle, why not!  Like super religious
people in other communities they have found a rich social network with
their beliefs.  If I have to feel a bit of snark it is in the phrase:
"perfect health in the direction of immortality."   I'm calling that
one right here and now, it ain't happening folks. It just ain't
happening.  One look at the before (the kids) and after (the parents)
tells the whole story.  The story that I used to tell when I was young
like their kids and believed that my magical practices would "reverse the aging process."

Great observations, Curtis.  Like someone else said, I'm amazed at how
many people I either don't know or didn't recognize. As far as
I could tell, I only saw about 4 or 5 I can definitely place.

Sal