--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip>
> > Barry's talking about the entirely logical case
> > Lawson made for requiring TM teachers not to be
> > seen consorting with the competition, something
> > that is pretty standard in any large organization.
> > Barry, of course, cannot address that argument.
> >
> >  but that's really the
> > > stance they're taking. They're *defending* the
> > > people who think they have the right to control
> > > other people's lives.
> >
> > Organizations have the right to require that their
> > official representatives not behave publicly in a
> > manner that the organization feels puts the
> > organization in a bad light, yes indeed.
> >
> First, the policy applies to everyone - active teachers, non
> active teachers, sidhas, anyone who wants to be in the dome or
> generally not on the tmo's black list.

Right. Did I suggest otherwise?

  You actually think someone who became a tm
> teacher 30 yrs ago, hasn't taught in 20 yrs and never will
> represent tmo again must follow tmorules as to what they can
> read, who can go see lecture or receive darshan from?

I do believe the phrase I used was "official
representatives" (see the last paragraph you
quote above). Did you miss that?

Don't know why this is so all-fired hard to
understand; it isn't rocket science. Lawson and
I are NOT DEFENDING these policies as applied to
anybody but OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVES OF THE TMO.

Please read that again and look up any words you
don't understand in Mr. Dictionary.

  Please name me one organization
> that believes this that is not a cult.
>
> Second, the view that other spiritual teachers
> represent "competition" and that reading them or
> attending lectures etc by them is disreputable
> public behavior reveals alot.   Spiritually healthy
> and sincere orgs do not have this attitude, cults do.

That may be, but it's irrelevant to my point.
I'm responding to the idea that policies virtually
every large organization have with regard to their
official representatives constitute "TYRANNY."

> Third, get real.  Your views reveal your lack of experience
> within the tmo.  The emotions and energy around this are
> obvious, there are 3 main reasons - 1) fear of losing donation
> money, 2) creating an attitude of fear so sidhas don't expose
> themselves to new thinking or worse, thinking for themselves,
> 3) maintaining the myth that MMY is the only true spiritual
> teacher and that the tm/sidhis represent "complete total
> knowledge" and spiritual seekers don't need anything else.

I have more than enough experience within the
TMO to realize all this, Boo. But again, it's
irrelevant to my point, which has to do with
OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVES of the TMO, not citizen
siddhas or inactive teachers.

(I note that you were afraid to address any of
the lies I pointed out in Barry's post. Talk about
cultish group-think!)