nablusoss1008 wrote:

> Amma is regarded as an Avatar by many though not by me, for others She
> is Godhead herself. Others again regard Her as a cherished Teacher.
I visited Amma's ashram in Amritpuri during my tour of India.   That is
the only time I ever met her.  When I returned home I looked up some the
organization's documents on the Internet and they speak of her as being
a "Devi Bhava".  Bhava means "house" so what it means is she channels
that energy but is not the devi energy incarnate.  Some of her followers
believe the latter but they must not have read any of the organization's
docs.  Frankly most people her could be considered "Devi Bhavas" of
Saraswati because at some point of practice that energy overtakes you
and influences most of your actions and speech unless you are dealing
with mundane matters.  This of course is a "belief" and some won't
believe and other may.