> [snip]
>
> > I assume you're a Republican. I'm a progressive
> > (albeit no longer a Democrat). Interesting that
> > we both have the same take on the current
> > happenings, despite, I gather, profound
> > ideological differences.
>
> [snip]
>
> Could you please elaborate on that, Judy?
>
> I thought you once said you were a life-long Democrat.
> Now you way you are no longer one.
>
> When did this happen and why?

Gee, I thought it was pretty clear from my
posts. My ideology hasn't changed, but the
Democratic Party is no longer in tune with
it.

The Dems took over Congress in 2006, but not
a damn thing has changed; they're still
kowtowing to the Republicans. Then the
Democratic leadership decided to go with
Obama instead of Hillary even though his
commitment to progressive goals is as thin
as dishwater.

And his supporters behaved abominably toward
her and her supporters, as they are now behaving
toward Palin, as thuggishly as I've ever seen
any Republicans behave.

It isn't that it's "all about Hillary"; it's
not. What they did to her is a *symptom* of
how the party has degenerated.

That's the short version.