> On Sep 5, 2008, at 10:07 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > Gee, I thought it was pretty clear from my
> > posts. My ideology hasn't changed, but the
> > Democratic Party is no longer in tune with
> > it.
>
> You and Ronnie: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party,
> the Democratic Party left me."

No, as I said, I've left the Democratic Party.

Reagan, I believe, became a Republican, did he not?

> > The Dems took over Congress in 2006, but not
> > a damn thing has changed; they're still
> > kowtowing to the Republicans.
>
> And as as I recall, Judy, when Barry pointed  out to you
> that that seemed like what they were gearing up to do,
> and then I did as well, you ridiculed us and basically said
> that all they needed was time.

Nope, you recall incorrectly. What I pointed
out repeatedly was that the newly Democratic
Congress was *in a position* to turn things
around and that we needed to give them a little
time before we could determine whether they
were going to or not. If I ridiculed you--and
I don't believe I did--it would have been for
proclaiming something you had no basis for
being so certain about.

You might want to check out post #123015. Your
fave Michael Moore was highly optimistic--more
so than I was--about what Congress would
accomplish.

> Glad to see you finally agree. :)  Have fun on the dark side.

Just out of curiosity, Sal, what is it in your
fevered imagination that you think of as "the
dark side" that I'm supposedly now on?

I ask because you've lied so often about where I
stand; I'm interested to know if you're doing it
again.