--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John wrote:
> > The Republicans are actually telling the truth of
> > what they intend to do in office.  In the economic
> > front, they say: we will reduce taxes and increase
> > national security.  Thus, the USA has a deficit
> > because the taxes were reduced and American troops
> > are in Iraq and Afghanistan.
> >
> > In effect, the Americans should think about what
> > they're voting for in the next election.
> >
> > One way or another, politicians are going to cost
> > you money.
> >
> Myabe so.
>
> Do federal payroll taxes pay for the war Iraq and
> Afghanistan? Obama apparently voted to cut off the
> funding for U.S. troops, but did he vote to cut any
> payroll taxes?

I don't know how Obama voted relating to payroll taxes.  But he is
touting or tooting a new tune these days.  He is proposing to cut
taxes, which sounds good to the American people.  He'll gain points
with this one.

On the other hand, he is consistently opposed against the war in Iraq
and is for continuing the US military presence in Afghanistan.  It
appears that he is playing the right chord on this one too.