> 8 Reasons Sarah Palin is More Qualified than Barack Obama
>
> by Seth Grahame-Smith
<snip>
> Yes, Sarah admitted that she hadn't paid much attention to
> the war in Iraq, but she knew enough to rightly call it a
> "task from God."

This is one of many out-of-context quotes that's
being used against Palin.

What she actually said to the group she was
speaking to was that they should pray "that our
national leaders are sending them [her son's unit,
which is about to go to Iraq] out on a task that
is from God, that's what we have to make sure we
are praying for, that there is a plan, and that
plan is God's plan."

In other words, she was *not* asserting that she
or anyone else knows what "God's plan" is, contrary
to Grahame-Smith's demeaning interpretation.

In fact, she was saying precisely the opposite: that
we *don't* know, and all we can do is pray that what
we're doing is according to that plan. Or, in
secular terms: "Boy, I hope we're doing the right
thing here."