Wow, a bit bitter aren't we? Cheer up, it's a brand new morning.

You have a point though. Jon Stewart IS funny.

Also, the thing about writing books about being and nothing is a
pretty much what every legitimate spiritual book is about. Note, we're
not really nothing, but we're not anything at all either. This is
because anything at all implies boundaries, which there aren't any.
But I digress.

It's not that it's hard to be what we really are (do we have a
choice?). The hard part is letting go of our insistance that our
emotional ideas of how it is are correct instead of actually examining
them. Examining them is extremely painful though, and I don't think
anyone would really do it unless they didn't have a choice. I
sincerely wanted this and "did the work," "went through the pain" or
however you want to phrase it, but when it came to actually letting
huge chunks of myself go, I couldn't want it, but it happened anyway
because I set myself up and it hurt way too much not to let it go.