--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ddeadlus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not here to "educate" you guys because I think I have something
> that you need. I'm here to explore my own experience by either
looking> at interesting questions or being challenged.

Fair enough.  I'll keep checking to see if your state of mind allows
you to write some stuff that is interesting to me.

> The way you're talking about self-absorption is the way everyone
> functions.

Not really.  I don't assume that anyone here would be interested with
my internal state, just my output in writing.

 People do things because it makes them happy (or at least
> comfortable). If you don't have the same interests I do, then you
> don't have to talk about it (although apparently you do, because I'm
> responding to a message you just posted in response - you obviously
> get something out of it).

Fair enough.

> As to "how wonderful my internal state is," I'll tell you why you
> could care: because you can have any experience you want by bringing
> your attention there, and letting go of whatever pain, smallness,
BS,> or whatever else is in the way. Thus, hearing about some aspect
of my> experience could awaken part of your own experience. And this
isn't> because "I got it" or some other bullshit like that, it's
because> anyone's expanded experience can help anyone else, no matter
how> evolved or not evolved we feel we are. That's part of what I'm
doing> here, looking for any pain or smallness that is in me that can
be> released.

I'm not buying that.  I find the assumption that me hearing about your
internal state will improve me in some way condescending.

> I'm not looking for people to hang on my every word. I'm looking for
> questions or comments, and then to respond.

We'll see if you get any takers.  Most of the posters here have been
down this road before.  I'm only interested in your internal state
AFTER you demonstrate some ability that I do not have from it.

 If I really wanted people
> to love me for some fictional exalted state, I certainly wouldn't come
> here. Enlightenment is not about the individual, so it confers no
> deserving of specialness of exaltation that does not also apply to
> everyone else. Think about it, if I'm really feeling connected without
> boundaries (and fundamentally I definately am), any specialness that
> separates you from me would actually be in the way. Thus, there is no
> specialness I feel that applies to me but not everyone else.

I'm not buying that rap about it not being about you.  If it is any
consolation I also don't buy it from any "spiritual teacher."  I would
like to see a once over by a clinical psychiatrist to rule out a
dissociative personality disorder.  I don't assume that all the talk
about losing the small self and becoming unbounded is a positive
development for a person.

 But, for
> the record (even though of course don't care :) ) I do feel a lot of
> specialness and exaltation that applies to all of us - meaning
> everyone. Literally. Not that I don't still have issues of course.

We all have issues, that is a given.  One of mine is people claiming
to be in a special state of mind.

Thanks for responding and I hope you find what you are looking for here.