<snip>
> I would also would question whether TM or the TMSP actually
> helps "concentration", the ability to focus in a totally
> relaxed manner for long periods of time on a particular
> thing. Compare that to the shamatha practitioners in the
> Shamatha Project who could meditate for up to 12 hours,
> many hours of that undistracted by thoughts! And then they
> came out rejuvenated and ready for more...

Compare what to the shamatha practitioners, Vaj?
Your uncertainty as to whether TM or the TM-Sidhis
helps TMers to concentrate?

You're obviously talking about concentration outside
of meditation, since, as you know, TM itself doesn't
employ concentration.

I can't figure out what the meditational abilities
of the shamatha practitioners has to do with your
doubts as to whether TMers can concentrate for long
periods outside of meditation.