Wow. This is the most blatant instance of
deliberate distortion of an exchange I've ever seen
on an electronic forum.

> On Sep 15, 2008, at 12:35 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>
> > Wanna really play with the boys as an equal?  Stop being
> > touchy and looking for words to be offended about.
>
> >> Yeah. Well, now we know what's underneath that
> >> I'm-such-a-nice-guy facade.
> >>
> >> Sorry, but that's a hole you can't plaster over.
> >
> > Like I said, drama doesn't help your case.

Not only did Vaj snip the comment of Curtis's I was
responding to, he *inserted an entirely different
comment from Curtis* to make it appear that *it* was
what I was responding to. The comment he quotes wasn't
even in my post; Vaj had to go back to an earlier post
from Curtis, pick out the quote he wanted to pretend I
was responding to, and cut-and-paste it into his own
post, while snipping what I had quoted.

Here was my original response to Vaj's cut-and-pasted
quote from Curtis's earlier post:

> > Wanna really play with the boys as an equal? Stop being touchy
> > and looking for words to be offended about.
>
> BZZZZZZZT. Wrong. You miss the point completely:
> "Objectifying anyone for his or her color, creed,
> ethnicity or sex is the first step to committing
> a hate crime." Or in the case of women, domestic
> violence.

And here's the exchange containing what Curtis said
that I was actually responding to, which Vaj snipped:

> > > It's not that the words are offensive in some
> > > abstract way, it's that they promote an attitude
> > > toward women that literally threatens their
> > > physical well-being.
> >
> > Drama doesn't help your case. If you are feeling threatened,
> > call a cop.

Like Barry, Vaj doesn't want to address the issue
of violence against women.

At least Curtis had the cojones to put his own
disgusting attitude right out there where we could
all see it. But Vaj didn't want anybody to remember
what Curtis had said; he wanted to bury the violence
issue and hide Curtis's appalling remark.

> Hmmm. I wonder if that's what Camille Paglia meant by "the prissy,
> victim-mongering, philistine feminist establishment." and the
> "whining, sniping, wearily ironic mode of the establishment
> feminism represented by Gloria Steinem, a Hillary Clinton
> supporter whose shameless Democratic partisanship over the past
> four decades has severely limited American feminism and not
> allowed it to become the big tent it can and should be (...)."

Vaj appears not to have noticed that Gloria Steinem
is not exactly in favor with Hillary's supporters
these days.