on 6/19/05 7:44 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Of course, but why did the World Press give Maharishi such immunity?
> Aside from a report from the Beatles era,

The Rolling Stone interview with John Lennon, June, 1970.

>what press rumors of this
> surfaced in the last 50 years?

Linda Williams Pearce (photo here: http://tinyurl.com/cvowh) told her story
to the press in S. Africa in the 70's. That stirred up the movement down
there. When I was teaching in Detroit around 1983 a big story came out in
the Detroit Free Press or Detroit News, forget which. It didn't do much more
than rehash the Rishikesh story. There may have been others, but they would
have been isolated. It's not like he's Tom Cruise or something.