--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> Poulson sems like a great guy -- personally. And he is smart
> and expereinced. However, Paulson  can speak in terms that
> intimidate many.

Paulson is *far* from the only person who's predicting
catastrophe if we don't take massive emergency measures.

> But think a moment. Several weeks ago . Poulson was given $100's
> of billion in authorization -- to use as a big stick -- to halt
> the crisis in confidence and restore market order. That was his
> pitch. And he openly admits he was surprised to the bone that
> this authorization only accelerated the crises and forced him to
> quickly spend "the big stick". Mr. Paulson does not have the best
> judgment based on his recent track record.

We're in uncharted territory here. Nobody expected
the Spanish Inquisition.

Read that Wall Street Journal tick-tock I cited in
my previous post.

> Does he mean a meltdown of the careers and some of the
> multimillion dollar wealth of his Wall Street colleagues
> and his former Goldman Sachs associates? Without the totally
> abrupt, no warning shut down of short trades on Friday
> morning -- Mr Poulson temporarily prevented a meltdown of
> his former company GS -- and his peers careers.
>
> By meltdown does he mean that the economy is simply going to
> stop and all savings, homes and jobs will be destroyed?

I think that's a little extreme, but along those lines.

  I believe he is using
> a very scary term to manipulate to manipulate people into
> thinking the latter when it is much more the former.

Again, Paulson is nowhere *near* the only person
talking in such terms (nor is it just those with
big stakes who are doing so).