<babajii_99@>

> > and
> > willed

> > instead
> > activity in
> > > >

> > > Nabby,
> > >              I love the nudity of my spouse, and frankly, she's
> > hot enough for me to satisfy  me
> > > such that porn web-sites are boring to me.  Not that you would
> > know anything about real
> > > relationships, what with the degree of reverance and awe you
> > expend upon MMY, who
> > > would probably laugh wildly at the absurdity of your claim that
he
> > willed to have fewer
> > > initiates.
> > > -Mainstream
> >

> > Glad you like your wife, if she likes you I presume we here are
> > talking of two weirdos.
> >
> > If it wasn't willed to lower the initiations by raising the price
> > 2500.- dollars I'm very very eager to hear Mains explanation.
> > You haven't paid attention have you; already in the early '80s
> > Maharishi said that from now on we do not need any more
meditators.
> > Not one !
> >
> > But you missed that one, and pretty much everything else that
> > happened during the last 25 years WITHIN the TMO, or so it seems.
> >

> Yeah, Nabby, I heard that MMY, in the late 70s, with a certain
spring in his step and
> enthusiasm in his voice related to the 'progress' six-month course
participants were
> having with the TMSP, said that the world had enough meditators to
fulfill the 'age of
> enlightenment' goals of his organization, presumably because of the
extra life-supporting
> atmospheric effects of the Sidhis versus simple TM practice.
> The difference between you and me is that I didn't believe he was
telling it like he really
> saw it at the time, and you still believe it 30+years later.

What happened was this:

After spending the previous 25 years relentlessly and selflessly
promoting TM to the point at which he, Maharishi, the TM Movement,
and the TM Technique had actually gained some semblance of
credibility, he flushed it ALL down the toilet by introducing the
flying technique to the world in the manner that he did.

This was in late '76, early '77.

When he realized that he goofed, what could he do other than cover
his tracks?  And this, Nabby, is what was behind the announcement
that the world had enough meditators.  As soon as he announced the
flying, initiations started a dramatic decline.  No one would touch
us with a 10-foot pole.

Indeed, although I have no hard statistics to back it up, I suggest
to you that at least 20% of TM Teachers quit meditating during this
time period becaus of their disillusionment with the TMO over the
Flying.

And by the end of the '70s when he made the announcement that Nabby
referred to, it was an attempt to cover his tracks:

"Oh, we don't need any more initiations" really meant "no one is
beating a path to our door any longer because the world thinks we're
a bunch of idiots."

...and...

"It is time to introduce new knowledge such as Ayur Veda, Schtapatya
Veda, etc. " really meant "Our financial resources are drying up
because no one is being initiated anymore so we have to find new ways
to milk money out of the true believers."

...and...

"it is best to put the price up to $2,5000" really meant "Only die-
hard numbskulls would be stupid enough to start TM so we might as
well get as much out of them as possible."