> On Sep 28, 2008, at 6:10 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > Why Vaj, if you can get enough people to vote to reinstante
> > the rule, I'll be happy to stay away...
> >
> > Afterall, its only fair.
>
> The people who initially voted for it I'm sure surpass 2 or 3
> don't you?

Apparently they changed their minds, since they didn't
speak up when Rick asked what he should do.

> It's an insult to those who worked to reclaim the list

ROTFL!

 and a
> testament to the tendency to encourage people to not take
> responsibility for their own actions. It's spit in the face of
> those of us who've observed the rules consistently and who also
> try to maintain some sense of balance and personal responsibility.

Jeez. Pompous much?

Lawson went over by a *whole five posts*. How dreadfully
unbalanced! How shockingly irresponsible!

<belly laugh>

> I mean we didn't set these rules for no reason, we set them
> because a few people were ruining the list. I'm sorry that you
> happened to be one of those people, but you were. That's
> certainly not to say you don't contribute some interesting
> things, you do. But we made the rules for a reason. It seems
> the epitome of hypocrisy to remove them at a time when the very
> same behaviors once again began!

Of course, The Rules haven't been removed. They're
still in effect. They've just been modified so that
no one gets banned for longer than a week.

Funny how Vaj and Barry, who think of themselves as
more spiritually advanced than anybody else here, are
such tightasses about The Rules.

A few days ago, Barry even hallucinated that at one
point there were posting limits but no penalties for
exceeding them.

Both Barry and Vaj were *thrilled* at the thought
that Lawson wasn't going to be around for an entire
three weeks (Vaj, of course, wanted him thrown off
permanently). That's because Lawson sees through the
two of them like they were cellophane, and that makes
them very uncomfortable.