<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I wonder if he spoke this while sitting down? ha-ha
> >
> > Probably. Maharishi never refferred to himself as some sort of
> > or something very special.
>
> "It was the greatest good fortune for all mankind, that I decided
> come out."
>
> Maharishi Vedic Science course India 1980
>
> The man was so obsessed with how special he was that his final
request
> was for many phallic monuments built in his honor and in his name.
>
> He believed that his message would enlighten more people than
Buddha.

> The pernicious myth of Maharishi being humble in any way is absurd
> spin.  He spent his whole life telling people how wonderful he
was.
> He was one of our generations biggest self promoters.
>
> His false humility act from time to time fooled you did it Nabby?

the Maharishi always spoke from his vantage point of non-dual
awareness; Being, Unity. As such, there cannot be any attempt by him
at being special- there is no other for purposes of comparison. Only
duality can accomplish such a thing.

Humility expressed in the state of non-dual awareness is again
appropriate because a being in such a state would not wish to harm
or denigrate himself, any more than any of us would.

to listen to the Maharishi from the perspective of duality, as
an "other", a person will always be left with the impression that
the Maharishi's ego was bigger than theirs.

  • ... nablusoss1008
    • ... curtisdeltablues
      • ... nablusoss1008
        • ... curtisdeltablues
        • ... nablusoss1008
        • ... Bhairitu
        • ... nablusoss1008
        • ... enlightened_dawn11
        • ... nablusoss1008
        • ... curtisdeltablues
        • ... enlightened_dawn11
        • ... sparaig
        • ... curtisdeltablues
        • ... enlightened_dawn11
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
      • ... off_world_beings
      • ... Richard J. Williams
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?