--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > BillyG. wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@>

> > > Robin Hood er' Obama hood *economic justice*,  well I guess somebody
> > > has to play God and adjust all of the World's injustices!
> > You mean take from the rich and give to the poor?  Nothing wrong with
> > that.  I didn't know you were a millionaire, Billy.
> >
> > Obama's tax plans would barely be noticeable by the rich.   They took a
> > lot from this country and now they have a chance to give back.
>
> I don't think they 'took' it, they earned it!  Also they pay most of
> the taxes now, only the 'so-called' poor don't pay taxes!  Anyway, I'm
> for the flat tax!

Why stop there -  tell us, like Rush Limbaugh regularly says, that "cutting
income taxes is
so good for the economy  that tax revenue actually increases" - "why, even the
liberal John
F Kennedy advocated cutting taxes to increase
revenues......blah...blah....blah".

This line of reasoning is swallowed completely.  I've never heard a journalist
ask the
simple question "Beyond what decrease in the  income tax rate does the increase
in tax
revenue stop increasing"?

When Kennedy began cutting income taxes, the top rates were above 70%.  Today
the top
rate is what - 39% ?

I hope Sarah Palin tonight cites the Republican logic that cutting income taxes
raises
income tax revenue  - and that Biden exposes the lie - once and for all.  All
Biden has to
do is to ask Professor Palin the question  "Beyond what decrease in the  income
tax rate
does the increase in tax revenue stop increasing"?  to stump her, and expose
the lie, and
the idiocy of the Republicans' logic.