> So I guess I'm just asking how people at FFL feel about
> this issue.  Was your experience in the TM community
> like mine, or, as is likely, did the experience of
> living in a physical community (like Fairfield) bring
> real elements of "community" to the community?
>
> Unc

I helped create the Radiance Community in Austin ('82-'89).  There
was a sense of
community.  But it was more on a humanistic basis than TMO driven.  I
lived on campus at MIU ('79-early '81) and found it similar, but a
lot more structured.
Livingston Manor Oct '75 - April '77 was in between the two above.
Some people are "good guys" (or gals) and want to help their friends.
However, I didn't feel like this was engendered by the TMO.

Contrasting TMO (14 yrs) and Scientology (15 yrs) I feel there are
tools in Scientology there are designed to help the guy in trouble.
Primarily, ethics technology to help one great straight with himself
and his group so that he can figure out for himself how to survive
better and how to better contribute to the survival of the group.  As
I mentioned in an earlier post, there is a Doubt Formula for someone
who is in doubt about something; they have to figure it out for
themselves.  It has to be their choice if it's going to work out for
them in any group.  We also have a Chaplain who assists someone in
trouble and makes home visits.

I try to honestly contribute here based on my personal experience and
enjoy when others do the same.  It helps me to understand things for
myself when somone relates a first hand account or observation or
relates the same of a friend they know and trust.

Posting 3rd hand accounts or leaving a web site on a post with no
commentary or personal experience to back it up, I don't see as
helpful.  I thought this was about sharing our experiences so we can
each individually achieve a higher truth.  I don't mind someone
disagreeing with my views if it's based on their experiences.

Jeff