> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > wrote:
> (snip)

> You asked for my views so I gave them to you. My first response to
> your original post was hasty and flip but sometimes there is
little
> time and these things get dashed off in a hurry.

> > > I have always understood karma to mean literally "action". In
my
> > > view every action requires a desire and an intent of some
sort,
> and
> > > although some actions may seem inconsequential in their
impact,
> even
> > > a small action carries a small puff of desire and intent with
it.

> > So a karmic disease or accident or financial loss is desired?
>
> No, but whatever happens in life is our destiny created by our
karma.
<snip>

I was looking over what the 'MMY' Gita has to say on this, and came
across Chapter 4, v.17, which speaks about action, and specifically
defines wrong actions as those that:

1. harm the doer in the present or the future
2. do not succeed
3. hinder evolution
4. bind the doer to the cycle of birth and death
5. produce life-damaging influences upon the surroundings and upon
others
6. are against the laws of nature

This exposition is presented in an interesting context, in that
Maharishi continues to comment that such wrong action is only
possible as long as the doer is:

1. in a state of ignorance about his own dharma
2. unaware of the essential nature of his own self
3. unaware of the nature of activity and the nature of God
4. not supported by transcendental pure consciousness in his waking
state of consciousness

He continues in the following verse to state that:

'A man for whom the level of transcendental consciousness has become
the level of the conscious mind appreciates the thought at its very
start before it actually develops into a desire. His thought becomes
transformed into action without expressing itself as a desire.'

And:

'The question may then be asked: What is responsible for initiating
action in such a man?
The answer is the almighty power of Nature, which is the cause of
the vast and incessant activity of creation and evolution throught
the cosmos.'

So I conclude three things from this:

1. personally it is helpful to continue to meditate, to increase
synchronicity with Being; identification with Nature.
2. to undertake what is perceived as right action.
3. a discussion of karma regarding the enlightened is pretty
meaningless with regard to the enlightened, and only useful for the
ignorant as a spur to continue #1 and #2, insofar as actions are
driven by desire.