--they're Naguals since they can turn themselves into turkeys!:

In Mesoamerican folk religion a Nagual or Nahual (both pronounced
[na'wal]) is a human being who has the power to magically turn him-
or herself into an animal form, most commonly donkey, turkey and dogs,
[1] but also other and more powerful animals. The Nagual can then use
his powers for good or for evil causes according to his personality
[2]. The specific beliefs vary within Mesoamerica, but the general
concept of nahualism is thought to be pan-mesoamerican. It is also
believed to be linked with pre-columbian shamanistic practices since
depictions of humans transforming themselves into animals are known
as early as in the Olmec culture. The practice is also sometimes
linked with the Mesomerican calendrical system which can be used for
divination rituals, often for example determining whether or not a
person will be a Nagual. The common Mesoamerican belief of tonalism,
that all humans have an animal counterpart to which their lifeforce
is linked, also often intertwines with nagualism beliefs.[3] In
English the word is often translated as "transforming witch" but a
translation without the negative connotations of the word "witch"
would be "transforming trickster".[4]

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>