"A good life for Mill,. . . is not one where you have queued before
the slot machine of utility and got the candy it dispenses.  It is
one where you have gone out into the world to build the best self
you can -- traveled where you wanted and seen what you could and
said what you had to, sung your own songs and heard your own poems.
[A] theory of free conduct justified by its good results. . . open
to all the pleasures of life and generous in their enjoyment."

**

Been involved in too many other things for a while now to spend much
time reading FFL except to check in on occasion and read a full page
of posts without comment.  Whether it's remarkable or not, I don't
know, but FFL (IME) reads the same regardless of the season or the
topic.  The people I generally seem to agree with continue to say
agreeable things and the folks I rarely seem agree with (including
some new posters) continue to write things that I not only don't
agree with but oftentimes write them in disagreeable and offensive
ways.

Apparently we've all been building the best "selfs" we could under
the conditions in which we've found ourselves.  Right now I'm
heading to

http://www.buildstrust.com/images/moonstone%20beach,%20california.jpg

for some more character building in the big washing machine.

Marek