> On Oct 15, 2008, at 3:17 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
<snip>
> > Time columnist Joe Klein summed up what seemed to be the
> > panel's Palin consensus.
> >
> > "It was a gimmick," he said of the pick. "It was one of
> > the most disastrous decisions I have seen in a presidential
> > campaign since I've begun covering them."
>
> And this is the person Judy Stein referred to as a
> "clever choice" a while back...Not surprising she
> believes in aliens!

And Sal, filthy, opportunistic liar that she is,
conveniently fails to mention:

(1) that "awhile back" was shortly after McCain
made his announcement, when Palin was getting a
rapturous reception from McCain's Christian
conservative base and even some previous Hillary
supporters, and Democrats generally were
*terrified* that his choice of Palin might put
him in the White House; and

(2) that I said from the beginning that she
wasn't qualified and that McCain hadn't vetted
her properly--i.e., that she was, as Klein says
now, "a gimmick."

It's only in retrospect, after she disgraced
herself in interviews, was revealed to be a liar,
and her past record was thoroughly exposed, that
polls began to show she was, in fact, a
disastrous choice. Earlier polls had suggested,
and Democrats feared, that she was, in fact, a
game-changer.

Oh, and Sal lies about my "believing in aliens"
as well. She knows that's not true either.

It's funny how many people here are complaining
lustily about McCain's and Palin's lies about
Obama, insisting they're "desperate," yet have
absolutely no problem lying repeatedly about
raunchydog and me because we don't support him.

-----

> On Oct 15, 2008, at 5:45 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

<snip>
> > We should also remember that the person who has
> > at this point a 14-point lead in the polls is the
> > very person that Judy joined the Clinton campaign
> > in describing as "unelectable."
>
> Yep.  Another way of subtly reminding people--as if
> maybe they'd missed it, "Hey, he's Black!"

Yay! Sal joins the race-baiting contingent on FFL,
happily supporting the guy who claims what is
obviously an illustration of Obama based on a
well-known photo of Fred Astaire is actually meant
to suggest Stepin Fetchit.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. The moral
and ethical degeneracy of the most fervent
Obama supporters here gets worse by the minute.

You'd think they were afraid Obama was going to
lose.

-----

> On Oct 15, 2008, at 1:39 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>

> >> Judy can defend herself on this one if she wants
> >> to bother but please,IMO it was a clever pick. It
> >> doesn't mean it's a winning pick. Palin, whether
> >> you like her conservative gravitas or not, you
> >> have to admit she energized the base.
> >
> > The base has to vote for their candidate anyway.
>
> Of course, the "base" is always going to vote for
> their candidate...which is in large part what makes
> them the base.
>
> I thought this was so obvious I couldn't believe she
> even mentioned it.

The point, stupid, is that a good portion of the
Republican base *never liked McCain*, and there
was serious concern about whether there would be
a decent turnout for him. There was a huge rise
in enthusiasm among the base after Palin's
nomination was announced.

That's why raunchydog used the word "energized,"
dimwit.

Make that dimwits, plural. Curtis didn't know
those very basic facts either, but at least in
his ignorance he wasn't snarky about it. Sal, as
she usually does, waved her know-nothingness
aloft like a flag.