RELIGULOUS    The word is a combination  of religion and ridiculous
and is Bill Maher's take on this subject.

I've always enjoyed Bill Maher's sense of HUMOR.  His political satire
shows on TV are biting &  often extremely accurate.  He brings
interesting political types to awareness......  I don't go to many
movies,  I'd seen some religious groups making youtube videos asking
for a boycott on this one.  And recently I've heard Maher say some
pretty strange things about faith and superstition....   SO I decided
to see the movie  and write a blistering review of it.

WELL, I've seen it  and I would say unequivocally
Any person of FAITH will have NO problem with this movie.
I thought the best part was when the truckers prayed over Bill
Maher.... Bill Maher thanked them for being Christlike. But remember
one trucker got angry & left when Maher started asking questions after
church service.
This movie is a great threat to people with only BELIEF as a guide.

Bill Maher didn't make any distinction between FAITH and BELIEF which
in my humble opinion was his big mistake.

Faith is the result of EXPERIENCING ultimate reality (GOD) and from a
point of KNOWLEDGE having FAITH that GOD is the correct reality even
when we don't yet experience GOD  24/7.

BELIEF -  is a WORKING knowledge that something is true.   You might
believe milk/apple cider vinegar/honey is good for your body, You
might believe the Phillies/Lakers/Steelers are the best sports team.
 You might believe every word in the BIBLE is directly from GOD.   And
beliefs DO help us grow.

BELIEF is the cast to help mold us to the better values we want for
ourself.  But lets not become a cult of the CAST!
 We use structures to grow our FAITH, we get strong enough for FAITH
to live in us.  When we're strong and healthy we can walk without a cast.
That doesn't mean we won't be walking with GOD, it just means SOME
BELIEFS, some structures may have fallen away in importance.

How big is your GOD?

That's the title of a book I haven't yet read, but I like the idea.  I
think however much we travel on the spiritual path, our concept of GOD
just keeps getting BIGGER and BIGGER.

"Where were you when I made heaven and earth?"   GOD ask Job in the
Old Testament.  With our limited little human knowledge we might
really NOT KNOW all the answers.  That's OK.

Jesus said to Love GOD and to Love your neighbor as yourself.     It
seems to me if you try to love the people that are hard to love, with
God's help you WILL be expanding GOD in your life.

Tim Lehaye, G.W. Bush, Donald Rumsfield and Sarah Palin share the
BELIEF that we need a big war in the middle east so the second coming
of Jesus will happen!   I'm pretty sure Jesus never said that!

I think there are probably as many paths to GOD as there are people.
It doesn't seem very smart to think you have the ONLY TRUTH in your
little bucket.   FOR SURE, whatever you believe is TRUE FOR YOU at
this point in time..... but GOD has that tricky trait of always
EXPANDING.   PLEASE LET GOD EXPAND IN YOUR LIFE!

In the aspect of letting GOD expand, it doesn't seem like Bill Maher's
movie is a very good idea....to poke fun of religion.  But if BELIEF
rather than FAITH has taken over as RELIGION maybe it's an OK idea for
a comedian to do what he does best.

Hello Fairfielders.  I didn't write this for you guys as I know you're
much more "snarky" than my 100 first cousins I actually wrote this
for...... but remember the Foo Bird!